Provides warmth and comfort
Carpet provides actual thermal resistance, or R-value. In colder climates or seasons, it retains warm air longer, an energy conservation benefit. Carpet also provides a comfortable place to sit, play or work and gives a room an overall warmer feeling.
Adds beauty and style
You can choose from many thousands of carpet styles and colors. That means your ultimate choice will reflect how you want to personalize your living space. Carpet can be a neutral foundation, or it can be a focal point with vibrant colors and stronger bolder patterns and textures.
Softens slips and falls
Carpet is ideal for cushioning our footsteps, reducing slips and falls and minimizing injuries when falls do occur. Carpet provides safety protection for the whole family, but especially for toddlers and older individuals.
Big screen TVs, speaker phones, computers and modern sound systems make our homes noisy places. Carpet helps absorb these sounds. Adding a cushion pad beneath your carpet reduces noise even further. Carpet also works as a sound barrier between floors by helping to block sound transmission to rooms below. And carpet on stairs helps mask the sound of constant foot traffic
Carpet will maintain its life and beauty for many years when properly cleaned and maintained. Learn to keep your carpet looking great over time by following these simple steps:
- Preventative Maintenance — Protect your investment before problems occur.
- Vacuuming — Keep carpet clean through regular vacuuming, the single most effective way to keep carpets clean.
- Professional Cleaning — Have carpets cleaned professionally, a periodic must.
- Spot and Stain Removal — Remember to use CRI Seal of Approval products.
Whether you are remodeling your home, have had a recent spill, or have had unfortunate water damage, you have a wide variety of options. You could choose wood floors, tile, or linoleum; however, there are many benefits of installing carpet.
- It’s Long Lasting: Carpet can sustain years of wear and tear. It is also much easier to maintain and replace than other types of flooring.
- There is a Wide Variety Available: Carpet not only comes in every color you can imagine, but there are endless varieties of carpet material. Carpet comes in soft and shaggy to firm and fine and anywhere in between. There are so many different designs to choose from as well. You do not have to settle for a solid color and you can match your carpet to the furniture in your home.
- It Provides Insulation: Insulation is important in a home, especially during the cold winter months. Because of its warming qualities, homes with carpet often save money on their energy bills. Carpet provides the comfort and insulation that other flooring does not.
- It Reduces Noise: Along with being a great insulator, carpet helps absorb noise from stereos and televisions. If you have a multi-story house, then the carpet will reduce the noise and the sound of footsteps for the rooms below. If you have carpet on the stairs, you will not be able to hear as people run up and down the stairs like you would if they were paneled with wood flooring.
- It’s Affordable: Carpet is one of the more inexpensive options for flooring. It only takes hours to install and the material is not as heavy as tile or some wood flooring. If you are looking for beautiful yet affordable interior design, than carpet may be just what you’re looking for.